新逍遥游论坛

Pasadena Health Officials Update Measles Status: 4 Confirmed Cases

Posted on

first_img Subscribe Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy More Cool Stuff Make a comment HerbeautyTop 9 Predicted Haircut Trends Of 2020HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHe Is Totally In Love With You If He Does These 7 ThingsHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty9 Of The Best Family Friendly Dog BreedsHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Special Beauty Tips That Make Indian Women So BeautifulHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyAmazing Sparks Of On-Screen Chemistry From The 90-sHerbeautyHerbeauty Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Top of the News Face of boy with measles; third day of rash. Image: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention[Updated]  Pasadena city officials announced today there are four confirmed cases of measles within the Pasadena Public Health Department’s jurisdiction.The officials said the Health Department continues to closely monitor the recent outbreak of measles cases in the United States and is working with county and state health officials to identify local cases and individuals who may have come into contact with persons with measles.“Measles is a highly contagious viral disease that spreads easily from person to person through the air,” said Dr. Ying-Ying Goh, Health Officer for Pasadena. “We are working with healthcare providers, public and private schools and local and state health officials to prevent the further spread of measles in Pasadena. We urge everyone to make sure they and their children are fully vaccinated.”A safe and effective method to prevent measles is to get vaccinated, Dr. Goh said. Studies show that 99 percent of persons who properly receive two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine develop immunity against the disease.MMR vaccines are covered by most health insurance plans or can be obtained at the Department’s Travel and Immunization Clinic, 1845 N. Fair Oaks Ave. The clinic will be closed February 11-18, 2015. Go online to www.cityofpasadena.net/PublicHealth for more information. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also has measles information at www.cdc.gov/measles/about.Know the facts to protect yourself and your family against measles:• The CDC recommends that children receive their first MMR vaccine at 12-15 months of age. The second dose of MMR is given when they are 4 to 6 years old before going to school.• Vaccinating children, teens and adults is the best way to protect infants who are too young to receive the MMR vaccine. The more people who are vaccinated, the lower the risk to all.• Vaccinations are very safe and the benefits generally far outweigh any risks. Speak with your healthcare provider about the benefits and risks of vaccines.• Measles is generally found in many parts of the world. Vaccinate before traveling.• Common symptoms of measles include runny nose, cough, red eyes, fever, and rash that usually starts on the face and spreads down the body. Someone with measles is contagious about four days before a rash develops and four days after the rash appears. Measles can also cause complications like pneumonia, brain swelling, and, in some cases, even death.• Measles spreads easily through the air and can infect a person who is in the same room as someone with measles, even an hour after the infected person has left. About 90 percent of exposed individuals who are not immune (not vaccinated or not previously infected) will likely become infected.If you are unsure of your vaccination status or if you may have had contact with someone with measles, consult your healthcare provider. If you are already ill, first contact your provider by phone to help prevent the spread of measles in the doctor’s offices.Local healthcare providers must immediately report any suspected or confirmed cases of measles in people who reside in Pasadena to the PPHD at (626) 744-6043 (24-hour disease reporting line).Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow the city on Twitter @PasadenaGov, www.twitter.com/pasadenagov, and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofpasadena. Or call the Citizen Service Center, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (626) 744-7311. Community Newscenter_img First Heatwave Expected Next Week Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Community News 2 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Business News News Feature Stories Pasadena Health Officials Update Measles Status: 4 Confirmed Cases Dr. Ying-Ying Goh makes her first announcement as new Health Officer for Pasadena Published on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 | 5:02 pm Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimeslast_img read more

Private company to run Regional Hospital

Posted on

first_img Previous articleTime for RTE to portray positive image of cityNext articleUL urged to buy into city centre admin Facebook Email IT has been confirmed that private companies are bidding for a contract to come into the Mid-Western Regional Hospital and manage it. A spokesperson for Health Minister, Dr James Reilly, told the Limerick Post that whichever of the  companies wins the contract for running the hospital for up to 15 months, will be obliged to upskill the existing management team.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up There are three UK and one Irish company in the running for the lucrative contract and, the spokesman added, “the aim of this is not to privatise the hospital. It is for the hospital to have access to state- of- the- art management skills, as there are aspects of the current management structures which need to be supported”.The move has outraged IMPACT, who are describing it as a breach of the Croke Park agreement.In a letter to the minister, IMPACT’s national secretary, Louise O’Donnell, said the plans lays bare how “the HSE has drained itself of senior management personnel under the Incentivised Early Retirement and Voluntary Redundancy scheme of 2010, forcing the HSE to rely on more expensive measures to fill the human resources gaps created by the scheme”.Meanwhile, following 12 hours of talks on Wednesday at the Labour Relations Commission, the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation and SIPTU, have agreed to suspend all industrial action at the Mid Western Regional Hospital for a four week period to allow for a full review of the situation in the emergency department, where nurses say patients are at risk because of conditions. For the duration of this four week period, additional resources have been provided and HSE. Linkedin Printcenter_img Advertisement NewsLocal NewsPrivate company to run Regional HospitalBy admin – October 20, 2011 546 Twitter WhatsApplast_img read more

Honored to serve

Posted on

first_imgSincerely,Peter BiancamanoHoboken Board of Education TrusteeCounty Committee Person Ward 2, District 1 Dear Editor:I probably have not spent my early adult years like most millennials. At 18, I ran for public office for the first time, and was elected to county committee, a position I still hold 14 years later. At 25, I ran to become a member of the Hoboken Board of Education, winning and becoming the youngest member ever to be elected to the board.Six and a half years volunteering for any unpaid position can be a stressful/tedious endeavor, only if you don’t love what you are doing. I absolutely loved every minute being a Hoboken Board of Education trustee and although it sometimes (okay, most times) caused more stress than my full time job, it was all worth it. I have had to work with many superintendents during my tenure. I can say with great ease, leaving this board, that I feel very comfortable with Dr. Johnson at the helm. I know that she appreciated my constant questions at meetings. I was always dissecting items on our agenda, and her thorough responses not only satisfied my questions, but they communicated to the public how the Hoboken Schools are being run. This is how a relationship between a board member and superintendent should be, honest, mutually respectful and mindful at all times that we are answerable to the people of this community.Six years on the Hoboken Board of Education: consistently voting against tax increases, updating the public on the unsightly scaffolding at Brandt school, ensuring that we lowered legal costs, spearheading the new turf at the High School and being instrumental in hiring one of the best superintendents in the state. But reflecting on my time, I feel I have best represented the concerns of the broad range of people in our community by asking the tough and thoughtful questions.I have heard many times during my years on the board: being a board member is the most thankless job anyone could have. This is why I think it’s very important we recognize all of those who are currently serving and have served on the board. We all volunteer our time, time that could be spent with our families or loved ones but we served because we are all passionate about our beliefs. I also know that I can leave with my head held high. The amount of support I have received the last few weeks is humbling and appreciated.The Hoboken Board of Education is filled with great teachers, administrators and staff members, always a bragging point of mine while attending New Jersey School Board Association meetings. Their time, dedication and commitment given should be commended. With hard work, determination and perseverance, even a deli-boy could have made so many impactful decisions benefitting our community. I feel as if my service to community is not over but needs a much needed break. When one door closes, another opens.last_img read more

Iraq sends mixed signals over closing camp for displaced

Posted on

first_imgQAYARA, Iraq (AP) — Iraq appears to have back-tracked on plans to close a camp for internally displaced Iraqis, many with links to the Islamic State group. This comes after a week of confusion and outcry from families unable to return home. Iraq’s minister of migration and displacement said this week that news that Jadah 5 camp in northern Iraq would close within the month was false and that it would remain open for the foreseeable future. A letter issued by the ministry’s provincial directorate in Ninevah province addressed to its sub-districts said closures would begin on Jan. 25, suggesting that the federal government reversed the decision.last_img read more

State Launches Antibody Testing To Determine COVID-19 Immunity

Posted on

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Photo: Governor Tom Wolf / CC BY 2.0NEW YORK – Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Sunday the State Department of Health will begin to conduct a statewide antibody testing survey. Starting Monday, the testing survey will sample 3,000 people for a population of 19.5 million people – for context Germany performed a 3,000-person sample with a population of 83 million.Large-scale antibody testing will help determine the percentage of the population that is now immune to the virus, allowing more individuals to safely return to work.Governor Cuomo also announced the state will continue working with the federal government to assist with the supply chain and coordinate private labs to ramp up diagnostic testing, another key component of getting people back to work and restarting the economy. The Governor says the state is ready to transport 400 ventilators to Massachusetts within 24 hours if they are needed.The Governor also says he will sign an Executive Order allowing any authorized officiant to perform marriage ceremonies using online video technology.Yesterday, the Governor issued an Executive Order allowing New Yorkers to obtain a marriage license remotely and allowing clerks to perform ceremonies via video conference, a practice that is banned under current law.Many marriage bureaus have temporarily closed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, preventing New Yorkers from getting a marriage license during the current health emergency; yesterday’s Executive Order temporarily suspends a provision of law that requires in-person visits.“Any plan to start to reopen the economy has to be based on data and testing, and we have to make sure our antibody and diagnostic testing is up to the scale we need so we can safely get people back to work,” Governor Cuomo said. “We are going to start antibody testing across the state tomorrow – and we are going to do that in the most aggressive way in the nation. This will be the first true snapshot of exactly how many people were infected by COVID-19 and where we are as a population and will help us to reopen and rebuild without jeopardizing what we’ve already accomplished.”last_img read more

France tightens virus measures, unveils new ‘danger zones’ map

Posted on

first_imgFrance’s health minister unveiled a map of coronavirus “danger zones” around the country on Wednesday and gave the hardest-hit local authorities, including that of Marseille, days to tighten restrictions or risk having a state of health emergency declared there.Olivier Veran told a news conference the country would be divided into zones by alert level with Marseille, the second-largest city, and the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe for now the only two areas put on the “maximum” alert level.Paris and its suburbs but also the northern city of Lille, the southwestern town of Toulouse and six other cities were declared “reinforced danger zones”, Veran added. Shortly after Veran spoke, French health authorities reported 13,072 new confirmed COVID-19 cases over 24 hours, the daily tally coming in above 13,000 for the third time in six days.And, on a national level, the number of people in ICUs are around the 1,000 threshold, which is a 3-1/2-month high.In Paris and the other cities now labeled “reinforced danger zones”, attendance at major events will be limited to 1,000 people from the 5,000 allowed now, pre-planned events such as student parties will be banned, and bars and restaurants will have to close at 10 pm at the latest.Local officials representing the central government in different regions will have a couple of days to enforce these measures.Two government sources said Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo had strongly resisted restrictions on the opening hours of bars and cafes in the capital, arguing that this would be economically devastating for the sector.Hidalgo’s councilor in charge of health issues confirmed the mayor’s resistance to the measures, on the grounds that they would not be sustainable over the long term.Among other measures, there will be a ban on public gatherings of more than 10 people and, in “maximum” alert level areas like Marseille, bars and restaurants will be closed from Saturday. Topics :center_img “Should the sanitary situation worsen further in those areas, then a state of health emergency would be put in place”, the minister said.Like other European countries where the infection rate has soared in the past month, France has been gradually tightening limits on public and private gatherings locally, hoping it will be enough to contain the disease and avoid a second national lockdown.After a summer lull, President Emmanuel Macron’s government has been keen to let local authorities adopt measures locally depending on the severity of COVID-19 outbreaks, rather than taking broad measures from the central government in Paris.Several indicators are being taken into account to define the different danger levels presented by Veran: the number of infected people in general; the number of 65-and-over people infected; and the share of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units.last_img read more

NFA-Iloilo to buy more palay from local farmers

Posted on

first_imgNFA, according to Espinosa, willcontinue its mobile buying stations to reach and buy palay from farmers affected by the low palay prices in the different towns. “We can buy a maximum of 200 bags ofdry and clean palay from one farmer,”he added. The NFA-Iloilo had asked themunicipalities to provide them with logistics like “hauling services from theirbuying station to the NFA” when they request for a mobile buying station intheir area. NFA-Iloilo currently buys clean anddry palay at P19 per kilogram. “That’s why we are asking help of thelocal government unit to provide us assistance most especially sa tracking,”Espinosa said. Mobile buying stations had alreadyvisited the towns of Lemery, Lambunao and Calinog, while municipalities ofCabatuan, Tigbauan, and Bingawan are scheduled in the following days. “Our dryers are full and if theywant magpasulod sa NFA nga labtong they should set a schedule para maplastar naton san-o sila makapa-dry,”said Espinosa. Last month, NFA-Iloilo’s target onlyreached 130,000 bags of rice. center_img “Perodala sang kadamuon sang nagabaligya sang palay sa NFA-Iloilo, nagsobra ini sang 70,000 bags,” headded. Espinosa said that they prioritizesmall farmers, who have not sold their produce to the agency. Espinosa is confident that they willreach or even surpass their target procurement this month. He noted that lastSeptember, they were able to buy 200,000 bags of palay. “For October, we are looking to procurearound 150,000 bags of palay and justyesterday we already procured 29,000 bags. Ang average namon ngagina-procure daily is 10,000 bags,”NFA-Iloilo information officer Pat Espinosa said. ILOILO – The National Food Authority(NFA) will not stop buying palay(unhusked rice) from local farmers. In fact, the grains agency targets toprocure 150,000 bags this month as part of its palay-buying spree. For his part, Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr.vowed that with the help other mayors, he will provide tracking to haul bags of palay purchased by NFA from the farmers to be transported to its warehouses./PNlast_img read more