His body was brought to a local mortuaryfor a “post-mortem” examination. Responding police officers did not findany wounds on Roa’s body suggestive of murder. ILOILO City – He was found dead insidehis house in Barangay Jibao-an, Pavia, Iloilo. It was however not immediately clear iffoul play was ruled out in his death./PN The 36-year-old resident Ares Roa wasbelieved to have died due to an illness, a police report showed. Roa was discovered lifeless around 7:30p.m. on Dec. 24.
“It was on Dec. 25. I was in Manilabecause I was supposed to return to Kuwait to work as a domestic helper,” deAsis related. Left with two children, aged 19 yearsand 16 years, she said the financial aid she received from the provincialgovernment could help them start anew. Aside from cash, the provincialgovernment also promised to provide her a job. Pador said the assistance could help thefamilies settle their burial expenses and support their daily needs. In a separate interview, PSWDO head, Dr.Neneth Pador, said the provincial government would also find a scholarshipprogram for her two remaining children. ILOILO City — Nothing could assuage the grief of a 36-year-old woman fromBarotac Nuevo town after she lost her husband and three children to TyphoonUrsula on Christmas Day, but the assistance from Iloilo’s provincial governmentcould help her move forward. Andria de Asis (center), whose husband and three children perished during the onslaught of Typhoon Ursula on Christmas Day, receives financial assistance from Iloilo’s Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office head Dr. Neneth Pador (left) and provincial administrator, lawyer Suzette Mamon, on Jan. 17, 2020. PNA In total, the PSWDO released P320,000 tothe families of Ursula victims. She recalled the tragic Christmas Eve inBatad town where her family spent their vacation. Meanwhile, a cash-for-work program wouldbe arranged to assist families whose houses were damaged by the typhoon, shesaid. (With a report from PNA/PN) De Asis received P80,000 as her husbandRoel, 41; their children Rose Mae, 15; Roel Jr., 10; and Rhianna, 3, perishedin a flood caused by the typhoon. “I am thankful, but the pain is stillhere as no amount could equate to human life. Still, I am thankful to Gov.Arthur Defensor Jr. as our problem in (the) financial aspect is at least beinggiven a solution,” Andria de Asis said in an interview on Friday. De Asis and 15 others who lost familymembers during the onslaught of “Ursula” each received PHP20,000 in cash fromthe provincial government through the Provincial Social Welfare and DevelopmentOffice (PSWDO).
A Chinese woman charged with illegally entering President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort wants to represent herself in court.This morning a federal judge is set to rule on whether Yujing Zhang can fire her public defenders and represent herself. Zhang has pleaded not guilty to charges of trespassing at Mar-a-Lago and lying to Secret Service agents. Agents arrested the 33-year-old in March 2019 after they say she lied her way past several security checkpoints and onto Mar-a-Lago property. She later told the club’s receptionist she was there to attended a United Nations Chinese American Association event; an event which did not exist.Once detained, agents say they found Zhang carrying four cellphones, an external hard drive and a thumb drive with computer malware; prosecutors later said when the thumb drive was tested a second time the malware could not be detected.In her hotel room, investigators say they also found $8,000 in cash, nine USB drives, five SIM cards and a device that could possibly be used to detect hidden cameras.Last week, the assistant federal public defender wrote in court documents that Zhang would not meet with a psychologist but has appeared mentally competent in interviews with her attorneys.If convicted, Zhang faces up to five years in prison.Her hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday at the federal courthouse in Fort Lauderdale.