上海龙凤1314

Pasadena Health Officials Update Measles Status: 4 Confirmed Cases

Posted on

first_img Subscribe Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy More Cool Stuff Make a comment HerbeautyTop 9 Predicted Haircut Trends Of 2020HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHe Is Totally In Love With You If He Does These 7 ThingsHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty9 Of The Best Family Friendly Dog BreedsHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Special Beauty Tips That Make Indian Women So BeautifulHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyAmazing Sparks Of On-Screen Chemistry From The 90-sHerbeautyHerbeauty Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Top of the News Face of boy with measles; third day of rash. Image: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention[Updated]  Pasadena city officials announced today there are four confirmed cases of measles within the Pasadena Public Health Department’s jurisdiction.The officials said the Health Department continues to closely monitor the recent outbreak of measles cases in the United States and is working with county and state health officials to identify local cases and individuals who may have come into contact with persons with measles.“Measles is a highly contagious viral disease that spreads easily from person to person through the air,” said Dr. Ying-Ying Goh, Health Officer for Pasadena. “We are working with healthcare providers, public and private schools and local and state health officials to prevent the further spread of measles in Pasadena. We urge everyone to make sure they and their children are fully vaccinated.”A safe and effective method to prevent measles is to get vaccinated, Dr. Goh said. Studies show that 99 percent of persons who properly receive two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine develop immunity against the disease.MMR vaccines are covered by most health insurance plans or can be obtained at the Department’s Travel and Immunization Clinic, 1845 N. Fair Oaks Ave. The clinic will be closed February 11-18, 2015. Go online to www.cityofpasadena.net/PublicHealth for more information. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also has measles information at www.cdc.gov/measles/about.Know the facts to protect yourself and your family against measles:• The CDC recommends that children receive their first MMR vaccine at 12-15 months of age. The second dose of MMR is given when they are 4 to 6 years old before going to school.• Vaccinating children, teens and adults is the best way to protect infants who are too young to receive the MMR vaccine. The more people who are vaccinated, the lower the risk to all.• Vaccinations are very safe and the benefits generally far outweigh any risks. Speak with your healthcare provider about the benefits and risks of vaccines.• Measles is generally found in many parts of the world. Vaccinate before traveling.• Common symptoms of measles include runny nose, cough, red eyes, fever, and rash that usually starts on the face and spreads down the body. Someone with measles is contagious about four days before a rash develops and four days after the rash appears. Measles can also cause complications like pneumonia, brain swelling, and, in some cases, even death.• Measles spreads easily through the air and can infect a person who is in the same room as someone with measles, even an hour after the infected person has left. About 90 percent of exposed individuals who are not immune (not vaccinated or not previously infected) will likely become infected.If you are unsure of your vaccination status or if you may have had contact with someone with measles, consult your healthcare provider. If you are already ill, first contact your provider by phone to help prevent the spread of measles in the doctor’s offices.Local healthcare providers must immediately report any suspected or confirmed cases of measles in people who reside in Pasadena to the PPHD at (626) 744-6043 (24-hour disease reporting line).Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow the city on Twitter @PasadenaGov, www.twitter.com/pasadenagov, and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofpasadena. Or call the Citizen Service Center, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (626) 744-7311. Community Newscenter_img First Heatwave Expected Next Week Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Community News 2 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Business News News Feature Stories Pasadena Health Officials Update Measles Status: 4 Confirmed Cases Dr. Ying-Ying Goh makes her first announcement as new Health Officer for Pasadena Published on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 | 5:02 pm Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimeslast_img read more

UW aims to end losing streak, offensive struggles

Posted on

first_imgJohn Clay (32) and the Badgers are hoping to regain their offensive form when they take on the Purdue Boilermakers this Saturday in Madison.[/media-credit]Over its last two games, the Wisconsin offense simply has not been the same as the one that won the first five weeks, and the Badgers’ numbers speak for themselves.Quarterback Scott Tolzien threw five interceptions to zero touchdowns against Ohio State and Iowa after throwing nine touchdowns to just three picks through the first five games. Sophomore running back John Clay averaged 67 yards rushing per game over the last two after picking up 116.4 per game through the Minnesota game, though he seemed to be a bit tentative after injuring his ankle midway through the second quarter of the Iowa game.Tight end Garrett Graham led the Badgers in receiving with 23 total receptions and 53.6 yards per game but managed just six catches for 63 yards in the last two contests, due in large part to a concussion that knocked him out early against the Hawkeyes.And as a unit, the Wisconsin offense went from averaging 35 points per game in the first five weeks but managed just 11.5 per game against the Hawkeyes and Buckeyes.“When we were having success in the beginning of the year, guys were making plays,” Tolzien said. “And the last two games we weren’t as a collective unit. So, that was a big point of emphasis (this week).”The lack of plays made by the Wisconsin offense, for the most part, can be attributed to three major issues: opportunistic Iowa and Ohio State defenses; injuries to players like Clay, Graham and offensive lineman Gabe Carimi; and a lack of protection for Tolzien in the backfield.Fortunately for the Badgers, the first two should not be an issue the rest of the season.First, the bye week allowed Clay, Graham and Carimi (along with other injured players) to get some much-needed rest, which should allow them to return at or near 100 percent.“I thought it was good for John and Garrett, it was good for Gabe, it was good for all of our guys,” UW offensive coordinator Paul Chryst said of the bye week. “As soon as you get to this point in the year, the season takes a little bit of wear on you, so I thought it was good for them to get some rest.”As for the second factor, with Iowa and Ohio State behind them, the Badgers should enjoy a relatively easy schedule in their remaining games.The Hawkeyes and Buckeyes have arguably the two best defenses in the Big Ten, which means the Wisconsin offensive attack should have much more success the rest of the way.According to Chryst, though, there isn’t much to be done to fix the UW offense anyway.“You’ve got to make plays and you’ve got to protect the football,” Chryst said. “It’s pretty simple. I mean, it’s not easy, but it’s simple. We weren’t doing the things that you need to do to win games.”The only true issue remaining then would appear to be protecting Tolzien, who has been pressured far more in the last two games than he had been in five games prior.As for the solution, though, Tolzien is not worried.“It’s a point of emphasis, but I have full faith in our line and protection,” he said. “We’ll still be able to move the ball.”In particular, getting Clay plenty of touches is something the Badgers will need to be able to do to move the ball well as a part of bouncing back from a pair of consecutive losses.After posting consecutive 32-carry performances and averaging 163 rushing yards per game in wins over Big Ten foes Michigan State and Minnesota, Clay took a big step back in the Badgers’ losses.The combination of an increased focus on the part of opposing defenses to stop Clay and an ankle injury in the second quarter resulted in the sophomore picking up just 17 yards on 11 carries over the final three periods against the Hawkeyes. It also played a large role in the Badgers only picking up 66 yards over the final 38 minutes.“I want to do anything possible that I can do to help this team,” Clay said. “Just sitting back there, just having that bad taste in our mouths — we’re not trying to have that anymore.”In the end, though, what Wisconsin is looking for is balance. After five games, the Badgers averaged more than 215 yards per game both through the air and on the ground. In the past two games, however, Wisconsin has been more one-dimensional offensively.Specifically, the Badgers’ rushing attack has dropped off with both the Ohio State and Iowa defenses focusing on stopping the run and forcing Wisconsin to beat them through the air.“We want to get everyone involved,” Tolzien said. “We’ve been best when everyone has had good games collectively, so that’s the goal.”last_img read more

Diego Coasta Gets Eight-game Ban for Abusing Referee

Posted on

first_imgAtletico Madrid striker Diego Costa has been banned for eight games after being found guilty of abusing a referee.The former Chelsea player was sent off by Jesus Gil Manzano during Atletico’s 2-0 La Liga defeat by Barcelona.Manzano’s match report said the 30-year-old Spain international had “insulted his mother”, a claim Costa has denied. Diego Costa being sent off from the game Atletico have said they will appeal against the ban, which would rule Costa out of their remaining league fixtures.The Spanish Football Federation gave Costa a four-game suspension for insults to the referee and a further four matches for grabbing the official’s arm.“I asked the referee and he told me Costa said something to him,” Atletico manager Diego Simeone said after Saturday’s game.“Other players have said things and not been sent off, but that does not justify what Costa did.”Atletico are second in La Liga, 11 points behind league leaders Barcelona with seven games remaining.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

DU admissions 2017: Sixth cut off released at du.ac.in, check the entire list here

Posted on

first_imgThe sixth cut-off list has been released by the Delhi University (DU) for admission into various undergraduate courses in its various colleges. According to the University, the admissions for the sixth cut-off will take place between July 22 and July 25 for all categories.  Admissions for the sixth cut-off will take place between 22 and 25 July (except Sunday) for all categories,” the DU Registrar said in a release.Highest pass percentageHindu College has kept the highest percentage of 97.25 for its BA Economics (Hons) course and Lady Shri Ram College for Women’s BA Journalism (Hons) course has the second highest cut off of 97 per cent.Reduction in cut-offsLady Shri Ram (LSR) College for Women which had set the highest cut-off at 97.5 per cent in the BA (Hons) Psychology course in its fifth cut-off list, has reduced the same to 94.75 (unreserved).In Kirori Mal College, admission has been closed for all the courses except for BA (Hons) HindiClick her for the entire cut-off list(Read: Disabilities could not stop these students from making it to Delhi University) Admission drive for reserved categoriesThe university had also decided to start another admission drive for students of reserved categories including SC/ST, OBC, persons with disablity (PWD), children/widows of armed forces, Kashmiri migrants and sports.”The drive for such admissions will happen between 31 July to 5 August,” the release said.Most of the courses have been closed for the general category students in several DU colleges, according to the data released by the university. Admissions for BCom (Hons) in SRCC and BA (Hons) English in Hindu College have been closed for all the categories.advertisementRead: Driver’s daughter overcomes all obstacles to make it to Delhi University Read: First day at DU: Here’s your complete guidelast_img read more

Classless Michael Jordan Banned From Miami Country Club

Posted on

The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies or position of Atlanta Black Star or its employees Michael Jordan’s arrogance — and poor sense of style — got him banned from the posh private La Gorce Country Club in Miami more than his fashion faux pas.The NBA icon and owner of the Charlotte Bobcats violated a dress code at the swanky country club by wearing cargo pants, according to myriad reports. Golfers are required to wear a collared shirt and Bermuda shorts while playing.But when a club official approached him on the 12th hole and asked him to change his wardrobe, Jordan refused. Arrogant. Not good and just plain old arrogant. The country club might be stuffy and over the top, but it is the rule and everyone else abides by them . . . except Jordan.No problem, La Gorce contends. Just do not show up to play there again, Mr. Jordan.Now here’s a statement from Jordan’s public relations office:“Michael Jordan did wear cargo pants . . . He had been there many times before and had worn cargo pants previously, and had never been made aware that he was violating any dress code. This time, he was made aware of the violation on the 12th hole, and at that point . . . he did refuse to interrupt his game, and return to the clubhouse and change. We were not aware that he is not allowed to return to La Gorce. I guess it’s their loss – as MJ is a great golfer, and a great guest.”Four things: Jordan is not a great golfer. He’s a hack, like most golfers in the world. Two, he’s a hack despite playing more than most golfers in the world and on the best courses, meaning he’s probably a little worse than a hack.Third, he’s obnoxious and arrogant. “It’s their loss?” the statement said. Really? Seems the private club will go on just fine without Jordan spraying balls all over the place and tearing up the turf.And fourth, Jordan, once a fashionable guy, has fallen off considerably. He dresses like he’s from the back roads of North Carolina. Oh, wait; he is.None other than GQ magazine tweeted, “Michael Jordan’s style: so bad, it gets him kicked out of places.” In an article, GQ writes that Jordan could be “the worst dressed man in the universe.”Jordan made $60 million in endorsements last year, according to Forbes.  Nike’s Jordan Brand has annual revenues of more than $1 billion, with his brand’s shoes controlling 71 percent of the American basketball shoe market.Forbes estimated Jordan’s net worth at $500 million in 2010, a number it believes will increase. Jordan owns 80 percent of the Bobcats.If only all that money could buy Jordan some class and humility. read more

Dominguez wants Fans to enjoy the Copa Libertadores final in Madrid

Posted on

first_imgCONMEBOL president Alejandro Dominguez wants Fans to go ahead and have fun with the Copa Libertadores final in Madrid.Dominguez told fans to behave in Madrid following the rearrangement of the Copa Libertadores final second leg. The second leg was supposed to be played at River’s El Monumental but was postponed after the Boca bus was attacked while on the road to the stadium.A game tie locked at 2-2 will be thrashed out at the Santiago Bernabeu by Boca Juniors and River Plate next week.“The decision of the administration is that the match is played with supporters of both clubs in the city of Madrid, at the Bernabeu Stadium,” Dominguez told a news conference as reported by FourFourTwo.Gerard Pique, Neymar, BarcelonaLa Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…“It will be Sunday, December 9 at 20:30 CET.”“Spain is the country with the largest Argentine population outside of its country. Madrid is one of the 10 safest cities in the world and it has a great football culture. I want everyone who goes to show how to enjoy and have a good time.”“I sympathise with the players who were injured, and I want to repudiate what has happened. The ball is never going to be stained by unscrupulous people, it will keep rolling.”last_img read more