上海后花园论坛

Reports of Active Shooter at Naval Air Station Pensacola

Posted on

first_imgEscambia County Sheriffs Office as of 7:15 a.m. there is an active shooter at NAS Pensacola. There are reports of injuries. We are working to gather more information and will bring it to you as soon as it is available.Baptist Hospital confirms that five currently patients are in their care.A resident who lives in the neighborhood says she learned about the incident after receiving an all-call. She says the all-call advised everyone to get somewhere safe and that the base is under lockdown.last_img read more

Neymar denies Rape accusation

Posted on

first_img(BBC) – BRAZILIAN football star, Neymar, has denied an accusation that he raped a woman in Paris.According to a police report filed in São Paulo, the woman alleges that the attack took place in a hotel in the French capital, where Neymar plays for Paris St-Germain (PSG).Neymar sought to prove his innocence by posting what he says is an exchange of Whatsapp messages between the pair.He is now in Brazil training with the national team for the Copa América.What are the allegations?According to police documents, the woman – who has not been named – got to know Neymar on Instagram and he suggested they meet in Paris.He provided her with an air ticket from Brazil to France and a reservation at a luxury hotel in Paris.When Neymar came to the hotel on 15 May, he was “apparently drunk”, the woman alleges.After conversation and embraces, “at some point, Neymar became aggressive, and through violence, engaged in sexual intercourse against the will of the victim”, the police document states.The woman returned to Brazil two days later, without reporting the alleged incident to French police, because she was “emotionally shaken and afraid to register the facts in another country”, the document continues.What does Neymar say?In a statement released after the accusations became public, the footballer’s management condemned “the unjust accusations and, above all, the exposure in the press of an extremely negative situation”.The statement said Neymar had been the “victim of an attempted extortion” and “evidence of attempted extortion and non-rape will be submitted to the police authorities”.Neymar directly addressed the allegations in a seven-minute video on his Instagram page.The unmarried footballer posted the video alongside the caption (in Portuguese): “Due to extortion, I’m being forced to expose my life and my family..”Speaking in Portuguese, the footballer said: “I’m very upset but from now on I’ll expose or tell all about what happened with that girl. It was an intimate thing but I have to open myself up to prove that nothing exceptional happened.“What happened that day was a relationship between a man and a woman, within four walls, like with any couple. And the next day nothing much happened. We kept exchanging messages. She asked me for a souvenir for [her child].”During the video, the 27-year-old shows what he claims to be a long series of WhatsApp messages with the woman, including photographs of her in her underwear.He says he had to make them public to “prove that nothing really happened”.Neymar’s father, Neymar dos Santos, also dismissed the allegations, telling Band TV in Brazil on Saturday that “it is clear that it was a trap”.last_img read more

After trailing at half, SU offense rallies to push Orange past Boston College

Posted on

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on February 26, 2014 at 9:34 pm Contact Tyler: tfpiccot@syr.edu For the first time this season, No. 2 Syracuse (5-0, 2-0 Atlantic Coast) trailed at the end of the first half. Then a successful comeback in the second frame produced a familiar result.Alyssa Murray and Katie Webster both netted hat tricks to help the Orange storm past No. 10 Boston College (3-1, 1-1) for a hard-fought 11-9 victory in Newton, Mass. With the win, Syracuse now sits in sole possession of first place in the ACC.“We rushed our shots early on, and some of our players lost a little confidence,” SU head coach Gary Gait said. “We came out in the second and responded.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe game remained scoreless until Murray received a pass from Kayla Treanor and fired it past BC goalkeeper Emily Mata with 19:41 remaining in the first half.Mata, though, made five saves during the frame to help the Eagles jump in front. Mikaela Rix provided the offensive fireworks by firing three tallies past SU’s Kelsey Richardson to help build a 4-3 lead by the break.“It was extremely cold, and it played into BC’s style,” Gait said. “They slowed the ball and the game down.”But Syracuse was able to pick up the pace.Webster tied the game only 2:22 into the second half, and minutes later a four-goal spurt put the Orange ahead for good. Treanor began the run with her 17th goal of the year, and freshman Taylor Poplawski also raised her goal tally on the season to 12. Treanor added another score for her team-leading 18th goal.The Eagles stuck around and faced a manageable 10-8 deficit with only three minutes remaining. Then an empty-net goal by Gabby Jaquith dashed any hopes of overtime.The Orange will kick off a seven-game home stand Sunday at 1 p.m. against Towson, the team’s third consecutive ranked opponent.“Being on the road isn’t a bad thing at times,” Gait said, “but it will be good to be back home in the Dome.” Commentslast_img read more

Raiders pay homage to Cliff Branch, wear No. 21

Posted on

first_imgNAPA — The Raiders’ organization took a gut punch with news of the death of wide receiver Cliff Branch.“He and I spent our whole career together,” former Raiders coach Tom Flores said Sunday by phone. “I grew up as a coach and he grew up as a player. I am so sad.”When the Raiders convened for practice, Branch’s uniform No. 21 was conspicuous by its presence. Quarterback Derek Carr shed the typical red quarterbacks practice jersey for a white No. 21.For the legend! pic.twitter.com/3VplJq647 …last_img read more

How to Price Your iPhone App

Posted on

first_imgTags:#Apple#mobile#web The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology dana oshiro When Smule’s Ge Wang, Lyricfind’s Darryl Ballantyne and Tapulous’ Bart Decrem got together to discuss mobile applications at the San Fran Music Tech Summit, the hottest subject was application pricing. While music publishers have searched far and wide for better monetization strategies, few facets of the business have shown the same revenue growth as mobile apps. Thanks to the iPhone, customers are used to paying for mobile applications and according to Appsfire, all but one of the top grossing apps is priced above $2.99.Appsfire recently released a list of the top 50 grossing apps in the App Store and the results are surprising. Based on a sample compiled from 1200 devices and calculated using a UNITS SOLD x UNIT PRICE formula, only Flight Control is priced as low as 99 cents. Applications such as multi-surveillance video feed app iRA Pro ($899.99), mobile podcasting application Poddio (149.99) and TomTom’s Western European navigation app ($139.99) are the list’s most expensive products. Meanwhile, more well known apps like Tweetie ($2.99), Midomi’s music identifier ($4.99) and Air Sharing ($4.99) are more moderately priced at the low end of the spectrum. Says Appsfire, “If your app brings something real to the table, be it a game or a utility…then price it accordingly. The price is right when there is a salary at the end of the month. Don’t succumb to the temptation of the 99 cent app, it’s a lure and only serves to feed the get-rich-quick fairy tales that even kids would find hard to believe.” Developers should remember to calculate Apple’s percentage into the pricing structure as well as the fact that the top downloaded apps are not necessarily the top grossing applications. To see the complete list of top grossing apps check out the Appsfire release. Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfacescenter_img Related Posts What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagementlast_img read more

10 months agoSouthampton boss Hasenhuttl happy with ‘Klopp of Alps’ nickname

Posted on

first_imgSouthampton boss Hasenhuttl happy with ‘Klopp of Alps’ nicknameby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSouthampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says he is fine being called the ‘Jurgen Klopp of the Alps’ after his excessive celebrations against Arsenal on Sunday.The Austrian was criticised after celebrating the win rather than shaking Unai Emery’s hand.”I ran on the pitch, and when I returned my colleague Unai Emery was gone already,” Hasenhuttl told kicker. “This was an issue over here, and also that I left the technical area twice following our goals. They don’t like it here.”Although Hasenhuttl has been compared to Klopp’s style of football, he admits his celebration style is also similar to the Liverpool boss.Asked about the nickname, he added: “I don’t have a problem with it at all,” Hasenhuttl said. “I guess they draw the comparisons with Jurgen because, just like him, I tend to live the technical area and I am as emotional when celebrating.”But I must control my emotions better here, otherwise those fines will be damn expensive.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

a month agoWatford boss Sanchez Flores: Guardiola changed football in England for the better

Posted on

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Watford boss Sanchez Flores: Guardiola changed football in England for the betterby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWatford boss Quique Sanchez Flores is full of praise for Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola.Sanchez Flores says Guardiola has changed football in England for the better.”The philosophy I think is really new,” said Sanchez Flores.”When he arrived in England, English football was changing, it was in the middle of some big changes.”Many good coaches are coming here, introducing this idea to touch the ball, but we know the English fans they don’t like to touch horizontal, they like to touch forward, so it’s completely different.”Pep is putting the stamp for this change, this kind of big change, so of course finally he defined a little bit the change.”When he was coaching Barcelona you could see that he’s a clever guy and he’s thinking very well and really passionate with football.”If you look like this, you have the possibility to change a lot. If you have very good players like he has, you have more possibilities to change things, so the ingredients they are really good for him.” last_img read more

Salesforce and Burlington climb while Tiffany drops

Posted on

first_imgNEW YORK — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Wednesday:Tiffany & Co., down $12.41 to $92.54The luxury retailer reported weak sales as spending by Chinese tourists decreased.J.M. Smucker Co., down $7.90 to $101.28The jam and packaged food maker cut its annual profit and sales forecasts after a weak quarterly report.Salesforce.com Inc., up $13.10 to $140.64The customer service management software maker posted a larger profit and more revenue than analysts expected.D.R. Horton Inc., down $1.02 to $37.32Homebuilders continued to sink after the Commerce Department said new home sales fell again in October.Burlington Stores Inc., up $19 to $167.56The discount retailer raised its annual forecasts after a strong third quarter.Western Digital Corp., down 53 cents to $48.15The hard drive maker said Chief Financial Officer Mark Long will leave the company June 1.Chico’s FAS Inc., down $2.53 to $4.79The clothing company reported weak results and cut its forecasts, and said the president of its namesake brand is leaving.Papa John’s International Inc., down $3.89 to $47.88The pizza chain continued to slump after the Wall Street Journal reported that Trian Fund Management has decided not to buy it.The Associated Presslast_img read more

Precision claiming 20 million break fee after Ensign set to take over

Posted on

first_imgCALGARY, A.B. – Precision Drilling Corp. says it is entitled to a $20-million break fee after Ensign Energy Services Inc. announced Tuesday that it will take control of Trinidad Drilling Ltd. by acquiring a majority of Trinidad’s shares.Calgary-based Precision, the largest driller in Canada, said the fee is owed as part of the Oct. 5 arrangement it had with Trinidad after terminating the friendly deal following Ensign’s success.Ensign says 56.38 percent of Trinidad shares have been tendered by its Tuesday deadline. The 154.1 million shares are in addition to the 26.9 million it also owns, raising its stake in Trinidad to 66.18 percent. Each Trinidad shareholder will receive by Thursday $1.68 per share for a total of about $470 million, with the offer price representing a 17.2 percent premium over the all-share Precision proposal.With all conditions of its offer satisfied or waived, Ensign has extended the deadline until Dec. 10 for Trinidad shareholders who have not done so to tender their shares.Ensign had given Trinidad shareholders less time to consider its hostile takeover bid by pushing its offer deadline ahead of a planned Dec. 11 meeting where Trinidad shareholders were scheduled to vote on the proposed merger with Precision.last_img read more

Philippine SC orders release of drug war evidence

Posted on

first_imgManila: The Philippine Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered the release of police documents on thousands of killings of suspects in the president’s anti-drug crackdown, in a ruling that human rights groups said could shed light on allegations of extrajudicial killings. Supreme Court spokesman Brian Keith Hosaka said the court ordered the government solicitor-general to provide the police reports to two rights groups which had sought them. The 15-member court, whose justices are meeting in northern Baguio city, has yet to rule on a separate petition to declare President Rodrigo Duterte’s anti-drug campaign unconstitutional. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from USSolicitor-General Jose Calida had earlier agreed to release the voluminous police documents to the court but rejected the requests of the two groups, the Free Legal Assistance Group and the Center for International Law, arguing that such a move would undermine law enforcement and national security. The two groups welcomed the court order. “It’s a big step forward for transparency and accountability,” said Jose Manuel “Chel” Diokno, who heads the Free Legal Assistance Group. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential pollsHe said the documents will help the group of human rights lawyers scrutinize the police-led crackdown that was launched when Duterte came to office in mid-2016, and the massive number of killings that the president and police say occurred when suspects fought back and endangered law enforcers, Diokno said. “This is an emphatic statement by the highest court of the land that it will not allow the rule of law to be trampled upon in the war on drugs. It is a very important decision,” said Joel Butuyan, president of the Center for International Law. “These documents are the first step toward the long road to justice for the petitioners and for thousands of victims of the ‘war on drugs’ and their families,” Butuyan said.last_img read more